Frequently Asked Questions


(1) I had submitted my application, uploaded the necessary documents and paid the fees. But I have not received any acknowledgement number. I would like to know whether my application has been submitted successfully.

Ans: You may enter your Date of Birth and Mobile Number in the Forgotten Ack.No. section on the Home Page of our site and get your Acknowledgement No. After getting the Acknowledgement No., you may login and get information about the Application status, etc.

(2) I am meeting all requirements with respect to Qualifications and belong to the General Category. I am 35 years and 5 days old on 1st April 2019. Am I eligible to apply?

 Ans: The upper age limit is prescribed as on 1st April 2019 and no deviation is allowed unless you have more than three years of relevant experience.

(3) I am an Ex-serviceman and I am possessing equivalent qualification for the Post of Engineer/ Supervisor. However, I have not been provided with marks. Am I eligible to apply?

 Ans: Yes

(4) Can I send Demand Draft instead of net banking Payment?

 Ans: Only online payment modes provided in the website are acceptable. No other form of payment is acceptable.

(5) Do I need to send any certificate / documents to BHEL, Hyderabad?

 Ans: You need not send any document to us via post or any other mode. Kindly ensure that all the necessary documents required are uploaded in the website.

(6) I have filled my online application (Step 1). Can I upload the documents or make the payment later?

 Ans: Yes. You can upload the documents or make the payment later by logging in, using your acknowledgement number and date of birth. But kindly ensure that upload of documents or payment is done before 14.05.2019, beyond which your application will be considered as incomplete and will be rejected.

(7) My document is not getting uploaded even after multiple attempts?

Ans: Kindly check the specifications of the document like size, dimension and file type. Required Specifications are clearly mentioned in the upload page.

(8) I am working in a Govt./Public Sector Company. Should I enclose NOC from my employer at the time of applying for post?

Ans: Candidates presently employed in Central/ State Govt. departments, PSUs, Autonomous bodies should submit the NOC at the time of Interview, in case they are shortlisted. In the event of difficulty candidate may submit relieving order from his/her employer at the time of joining, if selected.

(9) Will any Travelling Allowance be paid to me for attending the Interview?

Ans: Candidates attending the Interview will be reimbursed Second Class sleeper train fare as per rules. However, at the time of Interview if it is found that the candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, he/she will neither be allowed for the Interview nor paid any Travelling Allowance.

(10) I have made the online Payment and the amount has been debited from my account but the Transaction is not showing successful. What should I do in this case?

Ans: Please go to our site and Login with your Acknowledgement No. & Date of Birth, check the status and then try again.

(11) I have made the online payment but the amount has been debited twice from my account against one Acknowledgement No. Will my money be refunded or not.

Ans: Yes, money will be refunded. However all refunds will be processed after the last date mentioned for submission of Online Applications, tentatively by the end of May 2019.

(12) I have applied twice with two different Acknowledgement Numbers and made online payment twice. Whether my money will be refunded for the second Acknowledgement No. or not.

Ans: No. In this case money will not be refunded.

(13) I belong to SC category but while filling the application wrongly mentioned as General. Can I change my category at a later stage?

Ans: No. Category should be carefully filled-up in the application form, as the same will not be allowed to be changed later.

(14) My Caste/ Category Certificate is in local language. Whether it is acceptable?

Ans: If any Caste/Category Certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi / English, candidates are advised to upload a self-certified translation of the same in English language.

Go Top