BHEL manufactures a complete range of Bowl Mill (Pulveriser) for all supercritical & non supercritical thermal power plant applications. Pulverisers are one of the major auxiliaries in a coal fired thermal power station . They are used for grinding the raw coal, so that the pulverised product at desired fineness can fed to and directly fired in the furnace of the steam generator. Currently, BHEL has entered into a License & Technical Assistance Agreement with M/s Alstom ? France for the supply of HP pulverisers being applied in superctiritical applications in India . Bowl Mill has long been recognized as the most advantageous design of the coal pulverisers and include low initial cost, low maintenance cost, removal of tramp iron, low power consumption, easy maintenance, wide range output, quiet operation.
The basic features of Bowl Mill (Puveriser) supplied by BHEL are:
- Medium speed range of 40 to 60 rpm.
- Motor speed range of 600 to 1000 rpm.
- Speed reduction by two method :
- Single stage worm & worm wheel set
- Planetary Gear Box
- Input coal size is 25 mm while output is 65-75 micron.
- Crushing of coal by replaceable bull ring segment and grinding rolls.
- Externally adjustable classifier for segregation of fine coal practices.
- Removable planetary gearbox
- External journal design
- Horizontal pivot scrapers
- Aerodynamic vane wheel
- Extended life of all wearing parts
- Optimized static or Dynamic classifiers
- Simplified design
- Ease of maintenance and construction
- Low operating and maintenance cost